Temporary Graduate Visa

Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) UPDATE!

The TR (Temporary Graduate Visa, subclass 485) allows international students to work and remain in Australia once they have completed their education. You can travel, work, and study in Australia with this visa.

Graduates can only apply once as a primary applicant for the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). The visa must be applied for within six months after the completion of your course.

If you studied in a Regional Area of Australia, you may now be eligible for a Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) for up to four years (Regional places include places like Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, and many more..)

Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) UPDATE!

Graduates who are subject to COVID-19 travel limitations can now apply for and be granted a Temporary Graduate visa outside of Australia. To apply, they must possess or have had a Student visa in the previous 12 months.

This applies to those who meet the following criteria:

  • Currently offshore/overseas
  • Can not return to Australia due to travel restrictions,
  • Have graduated within the last 12 months,

Within these 12 months, you can apply for TR 485 from anywhere in the world.

After graduation, this Graduate Visa (Visa 485) is a popular Visa option for international students.

TR 485 Visa to PR (Permanent Residency)

Obtaining a 485 visa is beneficial not just for the term of your stay in Australia, but also for gaining job experience that will immediately contribute to your skilled point test for PR choices.

The first step is to apply for a visa 485 post-study stream, which will let you stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years, depending on your qualifications.

As long as you’ve worked for a sponsored employer, this option offers a lot of security. However, keep in mind that one of the TSS 482 visa’s eligibility requirements is that you must have worked in the nominated occupation or a similar field for at least two years, which means you must have two years of work experience while on visa 485. It’s also a visa sponsored by an employer.

This option is more likely to fit into candidates who are residing in metropolitan areas like Melbourne, Sydney where the regional visa policy is not in your favor.

Must have an employer to sponsor you and work for your employer in the long term; This option may take approx 3 years to have your PR.

Another option 485 visas to PR is by Sponsored Visas 186 Direct Entry stream 

This is a sponsored visa. To obtain PR on a sponsored visa, you must have an employer who agrees to sponsor you to stay in Australia, under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) – Visa 186.

Small, casual errors might lead to visa refusal. Contact us (Nepali Naati CCL) for more information about NAATI CCL.

Related Posts

Download Free NAATI CCL Test Sample

    Download Free NAATI CCL Test Sample

      Download Free NAATI CCL Test Sample